A thanks is in order to “J.M. Weselby” a.k.a. “magpiecws”, for nominating my blog. I am humbled and honored.
When I saw this, I felt like I won the lottery. I think the only thing I was ever nominated for was ‘klutz of year’.
I’m serious, I can find crack in any smooth surface, in some instances that may seem like a good thing, but when you’re falling face first and the only thing you see is the ground, and you’re imagining how much pain you’re going to feel if your face actually slams into it, not a pleasant thought.
Seriously though, I do feel humbled because I have come across some very, talented people, and you’ve made me feel welcomed, you make me laugh and, yes, sometimes you even make me cry, so thank you all. This is a great idea, and I’ve enjoyed reading other people’s answers.
I guess it’s my turn to pay it forward.
1. What is your blog about?
The first time I thought about this was years ago. I was going to create a one or two page newsletter of just positive things, make copies and put them inside any free newspapers I could find. I never did it but, it was a great idea, and “On the Upside” was born.
In another time, and a different format.
I want people to be able to laugh and feel joy when they visit my blog. We are constantly being surrounded by negative energy, it’s sometimes difficult to see the good things, even if they seem insignificant at the time. All I really want to do is put a smile on someone’s face when they’re having a bad day, make them feel appreciated, encourage them to express themselves and their passions. Hopefully, I will be able to inspire others as I’ve been inspired by all of you.
2. Where is your favourite place in the world?
Somehow, I feel like I should insert some philosophical quote here but, honestly?
Anywhere. As long I’m still breathing, ’cause then I know the day can only get better.
3. What inspires you?
People. Throughout history, there are many examples of men and women who have done amazing things. The world around us started out as a thought, an idea. Crazy, huh?
4. If you could swap places with any character in any novel, who would you choose, and why?
I think maybe “Odd Thomas”, it might be kind of cool to see dead people,
5. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
6. What did you want to do for a living as an adult when you were 12 years old?
When I was 12? Singer…actress..the usual.
7. Describe three items that are in the room with you, right now.
My laptop, my coffee and a strange shadow on the ceiling, oh, that’s just me.
8. Who would you want to play you in a movie portrayal of your life story?
Now, if I was famous enough I could be credited as portraying myself. I don’t know really, maybe Jennifer Lopez???
9. What is your favourite book?
“Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret” by Judy Blume, It was one of the first ‘real’ books, I ever read and it’s always been on the top of the list.
10. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
11. If you could give your younger self once piece of advice, what would it be?
Get to know yourself enough to be comfortable with who you are, be thankful for what you have, and be mindful of the small blessings you receive, life is hard, but it doesn’t have to be impossible.
Now, I’m suppose to nominate 11 writers and come up with 11 questions for them to answer. Wow, let’s see if we can try to maneuver through this without anyone getting hurt.
1. The term “big bang” is a theory scientists use to describe the creation of the universe. What two words would you use to describe your blog creation.?
2. Have you ever had a burst of inspiration when you least expected it, and what were the circumstances?
3. If “Smallville” really did exist, and you were present during the meteor shower, what power would you desire, and why?
4. If you could travel through time, where would you go? What would you do?
5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
6. What was the weirdest dream you ever had?
7. If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, how would you spend your day?
8. When do you feel most creative/least creative?
9. You have an idea, how does that idea evolve for you?
10. What would you consider your most treasured achievement?
11. If your life was a novel or film, how would it end?
Now that we’ve gotten that nasty piece of business out of the way. Here are my 11 nominees.
5. Luccia Gray
10. Jeffery Meranto
11. Indah Susanti
So, there is my list of questions and nominees. I can think of many more who should be nominated, and I hope this post finds them.